Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I dream of Barbara

I had quite the dream last night. I dreamed that I was asked by a little man who was a has been singer, to stand in for Barbara Streisand as his other lead vocalist. "I need you to stand in for Barbara, your the perfect fit!" he said. So, the humongous stadium started filling in, and that is when I broke a sweat. "I don't know any of the songs, and there is no way I can sing like Barbara Streisand!" I told someone. "Why did you agree to this?" the person asked. "UGHHH I have no idea." I said. I started brainstorming how I might free style on stage, be interpretive, perhaps take the focus off being an impostor, by some sort of creative dance? the stadium was completely filled, and I was wishing I would just disappear. Then there was a false fire alarm, and everyone started filing out of the concert, and I was saved from standing in. "I love Barbara Streisand, but thank goodness, I can leave!" I thought to myself.

1 comment: